Wednesday, July 30, 2014

God doesn't want us to Fail!

Hello KooKooBabes!

   In church the other day my priest-Father Joe-said several things that really opened up my eyes and really made me think. He basically said that God doesn't want us to fail, he doesn't enjoy it, he doesn't want to give us constant judgement. Which is true, God wants us to enjoy life and do things we want too and if it is a sin he will then judge us and eventually forgive us. Father Joe admitted to having sinned and we in the seats also agreed to committing sins. He then went onto say that God is aware we have sinned but he is willing to forgive and forget it, he doesn't enjoy giving punishment he enjoys giving acceptance, so why do we still continue to hold grudges?
   I will be honest when I say I am a stubborn Italian-New York female, so I tend to hold grudges for a very long time. I tend to remember those who wronged me in the past and occasionally bring it up when they start to stray toward the path of wrong doing. Except as I grow older and seek guidance from others, including my church, I started to realize that I don't that part of me at all. Not the holding a grudge-that is a talent I'm mastered-the whole bringing it back up. I hate when people bring up my flaws or things I did in the past, so why should I continue to do it to others? I don't want to see anyone I know to fail and if I keep bringing it up that could potentially make them do so.
   We all should learn to forgive and move on-I'm not saying forget because memory is strongest of all-so we can all grow. If God doesn't want us to fail why do we want to see our friends and family fail, why don't we want to forgive and accept them with open arms like God will do for those he forgave once they passed on? We need less anger and spite and we need to accept that we are all flawed and we are all willing to move past them.

XXX ILY Times a Million, NikkieSharpie! XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment