Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Revamping my closet 2.


   !Hello KooKooBabes
       I made a post before about redoing my closet and this post is going to be a continuation of redoing my wardrobe because there is still a lot to be done. In my last post I talked about how I was purging my drawers and closet but still had a lot of clothing. Well, I think I've done about ten cycles of filtering everything out of my closet and now finally I'm getting somewhere. I made a list of things I need to add to my wardrobe and started to purchase them here and there but still wasn't much room in my already small closet. Last night I did what I think is my final purge and I did this in probably the smartest way possible. 
   I go back to school in 6 weeks and to most people that's so far from their thoughts but to me it's right about the corner so I needed to light a fire under my indecisive ass. I first started by getting two different types of duct tape. Purple and silver and attached them to hangers with clothing on them; purple tape meant I was taking it to college and silver meant it was staying at home. I really don't need a Michael Kors sweater in the middle of souther Florida now do I? No, but I would need it when I returned to NY in the colder months. The tape helped because as I went though item by item I would think before I stuck it around the hook; do I need this, does it look good-and most importantly-how many looks can I make with this top. If I couldn't pair it with 5 bottoms that I either owned or was going to own I had to give it up. It was the smartest thing I could do because if I couldn't pair or it wouldn't look good paired with more then one thing it made its way to the donation pile. My closet can now fully be seen through one of the sliding doors and I think that is an accomplishment.
   After my closet I went to the drawers, now I don't want to take all my tee shirts and tank tops to school with me. There isn't much room for all of that so I needed to divide what would be taken and what I would leave. I didn't want to start to pack and load up my car just yet-and when I did this it was 11pm the forest monsters would eat me if I left the house-so I dumped everything out of my drawer and sorted it. Everything I wasn't brining to school would be placed left to right and be on the bottom and everything going to school was from top to bottom and put on top, so when it came time to pack I wouldn't be digging for thing.
   After this I feel good and fresh and clean and ready to stock up on the things I needed for my closet without feeling like it was taking up my life/room. I don't think I need to purge anymore but instead I need to stock up. There's a list of things I need for school and I only have six more weeks to get it all! Time to kick this into gear! 


XXX ILY times a Million, NikkieSharpie XXX   

No comments:

Post a Comment